An Autumn 'To Write' List
September always brings a flurry of creative inspiration and motivation. There’s something about the crisping leaves and sharp air that fills me with productive zeal. I get those ‘back to school’ feelings even though I’ve been out of education for eight years.
In September I declutter, bake, and dream up more stories than I could ever write.
To capitalise the motivational streak this new season inspires, here’s a list of prompts I’ll be using in my writer’s notebook. Hope you find them useful.
1. Write about the change in season
2. A fairy exiled from his homeland
3. Something inspired by nature foraged from the autumn wood
4. A witch’s spell
5. How does a tree feel when it loses its leaves?
6. A Gaelic colour walk up the hill
7. Write from a café. Fill one page with observations
8. Stream of consciousness from a being one thousand years old
9. Write about the secret society of bats living in the kirk’s belfry
10. A month of moon observations
Feel free to share your results if you use any of these.
Happy Autumn writing 🍂